Lambs born on the Hawke’s Bay property this spring have sires from 22 different breeding operations. Progeny are monitored for growth rate, before being processed and measured for eating quality and yield through Progressive Meats’ grading system.
Head along to see progeny first hand and hear the latest results.
Barbecue and refreshments supplied.
Topics covered at the field day
- Progressive Meats: vision for lamb.
- What is a progeny test? and why should I care?
- IMF (marbling) measurement demonstration.
- The science: what does all this mean for your farm?
- The science + The vision: delivering future market value.
- Progeny test lambs on display.
- Q&A Panel.
Find out more
View field day programme (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Please register (for catering purposes) with B+LNZ Genetics. Register online or by phone: 03 477 6632