B+LNZ Glammies 2017
Friday, 10 March 2017
10–11 March: Wanaka A&P show
By farmers. For farmers
Celebrating a decade of top tasting lamb.
The search for the nation’s top tasting lamb is in full swing for the special tenth anniversary Beef + Lamb New Zealand Glammies competition.
Proudly sponsored by Zoetis and Elanco, the 2017 Golden Lamb Awards – aka the Glammies – aims to find the tastiest and most tender lamb in New Zealand and this year the Producer of the Decade will also be determined following the 2017 results.
Putting their best lamb forward
Farmers and retailers nationwide entered their lamb into the Glammies, and the meat was scientifically assessed by Carne Technologies in Cambridge for tenderness, yield, succulence and colour.
From here, the top four entries from five categories have made it through to the final stage of the competition, a taste test, held at the Wanaka A&P show on March 10.
The five competition categories include:
- Best of Breed – Traditional
- Best of Breed – Crossbreed
- Best of Breed – Terminal Cross
- Best of Breed – Open, and Retail
FRIDAY 10TH MARCH
- 11am: 2017 Golden Lamb Awards Judging - Round 1.
- 12pm: Meet and Greet with Caroline Evers-Swindell.
- 1pm: Ready-Steady-Cook with Beef + Lamb New Zealand Ambassador Chefs.
- 2pm: 2017 Golden Lamb Awards: Grand Champion & People’s Choice Judging.
- 3.30pm: 2017 Golden Lamb Awards Prizegiving.
SATURDAY 11TH MARCH
- 9.30am: Cooking demonstration with Beef + Lamb New Zealand Consulting Chef Graeme Hawkes.
- 10.30am: Activities with NZ Young Farmers.
- 12.30pm Activities with NZ Young Farmers.
- 2.30pm: Cooking demonstration with Beef + Lamb New Zealand Consulting Chef Graeme Hawkes.